The Children’s Place is a specialized trauma treatment agency for young children, working to restore childhood and help children and families heal from life’s deepest hurts.
The non-profit rebranded in 2018 and HOK brought this brand to life in their newly renovated space. Graphics, iconography and branding create a hopeful, welcoming, and inclusive identity with playful colors and warm language.
Some of the unique design considerations:
- Renovation of a school (Benjamin Banneker Charter Academy) and former church building
- Custom sensory elements for child interaction and play
- Consideration of the visitor experience for every user, including specialized clinic patients, families, staff and volunteers
- Bright brand colors and cheerful graphics create fun and meaningful environments for young children
- An oversized teddy bear greets children at bus drop off as a symbol of love and hope
- Large outdoor playground accessible through classrooms
photo by Michael Robinson Photography